Today marks the start of a new trend in this apprenticeship blog. A while ago, I posted a list of 5 things I didn’t know anything about, but should probably know. Here’s an update on that list:
- Bash ✅ I studied, I learned I practiced. I can no longer say I’m completely ignorant in Bash.
- DevOps ❌ I haven’t seriously sat down to gather knowledge on this topic and practice upon it, so it’ll stay on the list.
- Visual Regression Testing / Headless Browser Testing ✅ I spent an entire day researching and talking to others about this topic. Only Thin that’s missing is a blog post on it.
- NoSQL ❌ Not really NoSQL, but I started looking into GraphQL today, it’s something 🤷♀️
- Next CSS ❌ Last CSS I did was a hack on an already hacked codebase. Not my proudest moment.
Now, I know this looks bad, but I’ve learned a lot of other things, you’re just gonna have to trust me on it. But, since updating oneself is a constant, never-ending process, here’s the new list of 5 things I don’t know about.
- DevOps ➡ This one’s coming off the list next week, pinky swear.
- NoSQL ➡ This will work as a reminder that I definitely need to give this topic a deep dive.
- Next CSS ➡ My CSS needs some love.
- Custom Elements ➡ This is the most exciting thing that’s happening in terms of a reusable, composable web and I need to learn a lot more about it.
- TC39 ➡ The people in this group and its contributors shape the future of the language I use on a daily basis. It’s time to be aware of how it actually works and not just get things handed to me.